How To Get Rid Of Grease Ants
This could be a vegetable oil raw oil dough peanut butter among others.
How to get rid of grease ants. This may very well be in or around your own home or even inside of your work office. Place the baited wax paper in the area in which ants have been seen. Boric acid is a very effective pesticide when it comes to eliminating grease ants.
Make sure to keep your home free of crevices and ensure all food and drinks are sealed and put away from easy access. Worker grease ants are shiny and measure approximately 1 5 to 2 2 mm in length with yellow to light or dark brown bodies. It is possible to get rid of grease ants using a homemade solution.
Add a single drop of grease or oil to 5 to 10 drops of bait on a piece of wax paper. There are ant baits that can be used to get rid of grease ants in the kitchen. You can use vegetable oil or olive oil and peanut butter.
Grease ants are also known as thief ants because they nest close to other ant colonies and steal their food and young. If the ants are not attracted to the bait add another drop or two of grease or try another oil. These have to be mixed with greasy food to serve as the attractant.
Mix ant baits with food that attracts them the most to lure them in and kill them. To safely eliminate grease ants use soapy water a piece of cardboard and tape with the sticky side facing upwards as bait. The bodies of grease ants tend to curl when they die.
Boric acid can be purchased at the local pharmaceutical or store. In this case you mix ant baits with grease or protein based food. Luring or baiting grease ants is a common and effective way of getting rid of them.
- How To Get Rid Of Tall Fescue In Bluegrass
- How To Measure A Sectional
- How To Fix A Very Steep Driveway
- How To Make Door Hanging Hearts
- How To Dig Out A Basement From A Crawl Space
- How To Make A Hinged Flagpole
- How To Get Purple Grape Juice Out Of Carpet
- How To Hang A Metal Gate
- How To Fix Loose Wood Siding On House
- How To Lock A Bedroom Door From The Outside Without A Key
- How To Get Wood Oil Stain Out Of Clothes
- How To Keep Your Couch Cushions In Place
- How To Lock Your Door With A Lock
- How To Get Wrinkles Out Of 100 Polyester Curtains
- How To Make Giant Letters Out Of Cardboard
- How To Hang A Hammock From The Ceiling
- How To Fix A Hole In A Leather Couch
- How To Get Rid Of Spirits In Your Home
- How To Install A Dog Door In A Brick Wall
- How To Hang A Metal Garden Gate