Replacing Deck Boards Diy
Routinely cleaning sealing and staining your deck will improve the longevity of your deck boards.
Replacing deck boards diy. Pressure treated deck boards which have been kiln dried after treatment kdat will expand slightly in width after installation so use an 8 penny nail as a spacer to leave a 1 8 gap between the boards. Removing nails and screws step 2. Start the redeck project by removing any deck screws in this case the previous homeowner used several dozen to silence creaking boards.
In this video we show homeowner s how to restore a broken down old ugly deck. Affiliate tool links for this video. Justdoityourself lovingit perfecteverytime subscribe.
Don t build a new deck if all you have to do is replace a few deck boards overview. Cut the section of bad board free from the joists at both ends with a jigsaw. Prepare replacement deck board step 7.
Reinforce the joist step 5. With only a few nails holding the wood in place dennis switches to a pry bar to lever up the board. Secure reinforcing joist step 6.
Inspect joists and remove rotted portions step 3. Replace or shim up any sagging joists before installing the new decking. Apply sealer step 4.
Screw the board in place using 3 long rust resistant deck screws. First keep in mind that prevention goes a long way. Align the first deck board perpendicular to the floor joists and overhanging the outside edge of the deck.
- Ladder Shelf With Hanging Baskets
- Kohler Whitehaven 33 Double Bowl
- Kitchenaid Mixer Orange
- Ladder Shelf With Metal Baskets
- Large Black Floating Corner Shelf
- Kitchenaid Commercial Range Top
- Large Concrete Retaining Wall Block Molds
- Large Glitter Numbers
- Kitchen Valance Modern
- Large Mug Display Shelf
- Knee Wall Access Door Ideas
- Large Carved Wood Wall Decor
- Ladder Ball Bolas Dimensions
- Ladder Golf Soft Bolas
- Large Blue Indoor Plant Pot
- Large Planter Boxes For Sale
- Landscape Block Adhesive Uk
- Kitchenaid 36 Inch Gas Range Stainless Steel
- Kohler Cast Iron Sinks Undermount
- Kohler Farmhouse Sink 33 Inch